St.Teresa’s Western Province
The Provincial Team 2021
Sr. Tanuja Wahghmare, Sr. Sharlet Xavier, Sr. Angela V. J, Sr. M. Lilian, Sr Lavinia Mascarenhas, Sr. M. Beryl
|Sr. M. Lilian||Provincial Superior|
|Sr. Angela V. J||First Councillor||Finance|
|Sr Lavinia||Second Councillor||Formation & Secretary|
|Sr. Sharlet||Third Councillor||Education|
|Sr. Tanuja||Fourth Councillor||Spirituality|
|Sr. M. Beryl||Provincial Bursar|
St. Teresa of Avila: Patroness of our Province
Prayer is the door to eternitySt. Teresa our Mystic Mother,
Trusted God alone in every sphere,
Remained in tune with God our Father,
Stands in our time as admirer.
On the occasion of 500th birth anniversary of St. Teresa of Avila, Pope Francis praised the Spanish Mystic and reformer for being a sure and attractive model of total Self-giving to God. Although St. Teresa of Avila lived and wrote almost four centuries ago, her superbly inspiring classic on the practice of prayer is as fresh and meaningful today as it was when she first wrote it. ‘The Way of Perfection’ is a practical guide to prayer and directives for the attainment of spiritual perfection for her sisters. The graceful journey of Our Holy Mother Teresa, has left behind the legacy. Her mission on earth was the vision of Christ. The ages have passed by but the admirable soul and adorable heart which was pierced by the darts of the Angel still lives for the love of Christ. She was the woman of prayer, a woman for God lived the life of silence and solitude. She detached herself from earthly pleasure and yearned for heavenly treasure and with the determined heart won the spiritual battle and became one with Christ. Prayer was her delight, prayer was her strength, prayer was her destiny which led her to the door of eternity. St. Teresa of Avila, a woman of courage and compassion, offers much encouragement to her Sisters at every stage of their spiritual journey. She teaches her sisters that 'Prayer' is the door to eternity. We need to have a determined determination to persevere patiently on our journey of faith.
‘Determined Determination’ is the template, model or blue print for Carmelite spirituality, according to our Holy Mother St. Teresa. We are called to emulate our Mother by living in community the three essentials of a prayer-filled life - fraternal love, detachment from created things and true humility.
Total openness to God (24x7) the core of our Carmelite Charism, is the path we follow. This alone is loaded with the fruits of the Spirit. Welcome to surf through our web pages. Get introduced to the valiant and heroic woman – Mother Veronica of the Passion whose vision and mission inspired many to follow her footsteps. As you glance through the pages you will comprehend our Spiritual and apostolic life.
“Let holy humility and sweet and gentle patience be the continual role of your conduct.”
"God Alone suffices"
To build a community where all especially the youth feel loved, respected and encouraged to develop their potential to the full and place it at the service of humanity.
As visualized by our Foundress, Mother Veronica of the Passion, Education is our main apostolate. The Eucharistic Lord provides us the strength to render selfless service to the people of God.
- strive to focus on transforming the lives of the youth,
- attend to their spiritual, psychological, emotional and intellectual growth, in an active, pleasant and preferential technology-based environment.
- We conscientize them on respect for life and morality. Promote value-based, eco sensitive learning and assist them to be channels of change in their families and the cosmos at large.
- Engage in other works of mercy: lead and support all who approach us to change their lives with hope, comfort and peace.
St. Teresa’s Province was established on 30th December 2006Thanks to technology, it has opened up broader horizons; we can always stay closer and connected. Our Communities and Establishments are involved in social outreach programme as per need and situation. We provide remedial classes for the under privileged children after the school hours. Our sisters are engaged in the Education of Tribal children. This ‘in essence’ is the response of our inner being. Young women experiencing a burning desire to witness to the love of Jesus, sharing His Good News are welcome to join us.
- We provide Remedial classes for the under privileged children after the School hours.
- We are also engaged in the Education of Tribal children
- The “ME to WE Project” reaches out to needy children of the school and provides them with requirements like study material, stationeries, toiletries, linen and grains throughout the year.
- Literacy programmes for house-maids.
- Visit to Tata Memorial Hospital
- We conscientize the youth on respect for life and morality. This ‘in essence’ is the response of our inner being.
Our Own : 20 Educational Institutions
- St. Teresa’s Junior College Of Education (D.Ed), Santacruz
- St. Teresa’s Special School, Santacruz
- St. Teresa’s Convent High School, Santacruz
- Gloria Convent High School, Byculla
- St. Aloysius Primary School – (Mar. Medium), Papdy
- St. Aloysius High School – (Mar. Medium), Papdy
- St. Aloysius Junior College Of Education (Marathi) D.Ed, Papdy
- Pushpanjali College of Education B.Ed, Papdy
- Carmelite Convent High School, Sandor
- St. Paul’s Convent, High School, Dadar
- St. Francis Xavier’s Convent High School, ICSE, Matheran
- St. Louis' Convent High School, Andheri
- St. Aloysius Convent High School Chanebori, Vasai
- Sacred Heart Convent Higher Secondary School, (ICSE & ISC), Mathura
- Lourdes Convent, Higher Secondary School (Eng. Med) Surat
- Queen of Angels’ Convent High School (Gujarati Med) Bharuch
- Queen of Angels’ Convent Higher Secondary School, Bharuch
- St. Marys Convent Higher Secondary School, Alibag
- Immaculate Conception Convent Higher Secondary School,(ICSE & ISC), Lucknow
- Infant Jesus Play School, Okhla, Delhi
Under Diocese : 4 Educational Institutions
- St. Peters High School, Jammu.
- St. Fidelis School, Aligarh.
- Bishop Conrad Senior Secondary School, Barreily.
- St. George Convent School, Batote
- B.Ed Colleges – 2
- D.T.Ed – 2
- High School – 24
- Primary School – 24
- K.G – 24
- Nursery - 2
- Special School – 1
- NIOS – 1
- Homes for Children – 1 (of the Mumbai Diocese)
- Any Other – Crèche -1
St. Teresa's Province, Mumbai
Establishment of Convents
|Sr. No.||Name of the Convent||Year of Establishment|
|1||St. Teresa's Convent, Santa Cruz||1922|
|2||Carmelite Convent, Sandor||1941|
|3||Our Lady of Grace Convent, Papdy||1944|
|4||Sacred Heart Convent, Mathura||1958|
|5||Our Lady of Glory Convent, Byculla||1959|
|6||St. Paul's Convent , Dadar||1966|
|7||St. Francis's Xavier Convent, Matheran||1968|
|8||St. Mary’s Convent, Alibag||1972|
|9||St. Louis Convent, Andheri||1975|
|10||Queen of Angel's Convent, Bharuch||1979|
|11||Queen of Carmel Convent, Surat||1978|
|12||Infant Jesus Convent, Okhla||1988|
|13||Immaculate Conception Convent, Bareilly||1989|
|14||Immaculate Conception Convent, Lucknow||1999|
|15||St. Aloysius Convent, Chanebori||2005|
|16||Frances Bhavan, Batote||2008|
|17||St. Peter's Convent, Jammu||2012|
|18||Holy Spirit Convent, Aligarh||2015|
|19||St. Teresa's Provincialate, Santa Cruz||2006|