St.Therese’s Provincial House , Kottiyam.
The Provincial Team
Sr. M. Anastasia, Sr. Elsy Paul, Sr. Mary T. R., Sr. Susy G, Sr. Pramila Fernandez, Sr. Jancy, Sr.Phillys T P
|Sr. Susy G||Provincial||Provincial|
|Sr.Phillys T P||1st Councillor||Formation|
|Sr. Pramila Fernandez||2nd Councillor||Education/ Mission|
|Sr. Elsy Paul||3rd Councillor||Spirituality|
|Sr. Jancy Joseph||4th Councillor||Finance|
|Sr. M. Anastasia||Provincial Secretary||Secretary|
|Sr. Mary T. R.||Provincial Bursar||Bursar|
Our Patroness: St. Therese of Lisieux
“I will let fall from heaven a shower of roses.”
Therese of Lisieux is one of the patron saints of the missions, not because she ever went anywhere, but because of her special love of the missions, and the prayers and letters she gave in support of missionaries. This is a reminder to all of us who feel we can do nothing, that it is the little things that keep God's kingdom growing.
The significant and simple life of our little Carmelite Saint inspired the Pioneers of our Southern Province to take up the name of the infant Province as “St. Therese’s Province, and the Convent “Pushpadhara” meaning a shower of roses. The Southern Province which was named after this little Saint had the foresight of seeking the intercession and had a firm belief that , our infant Province will bloom and spread where ever we are, under the protecting guidance of St. Therese of Lisieux.
Therese Martin was born at Alencon (France) in 1873. At the age of fifteen she entered the Carmel at Lisieux. She Practiced heroic humility, Evangelical simplicity and trust in God and taught the novices these virtues by word and example. She offered her life for the salvation of souls and the spread of faith. She died on 30th September 1897.
St. Therese, being the Patroness of the Southern Province, whose Feast we celebrate on October 1st, help us along the way with perfect love. She is a Saint for us Carmelites. May she intercede for each one of us.
Message of the Provincial
We, the Sisters of the Southern Province welcome you to our website. Please do join us with our Patron St. Therese , whose life is a model for us Carmelites, and whose thirst for God and the Church was so great that she proclaimed, "My vocation is love. In the heart of the Church, my mother, I will be love..."
Following the example of St. Therese we have taken up 'Vocation Promotion' as our theme for this year. All of us are called to live the vocation of love as St Therese did in her short span on earth. As you surf through our webpages you will know more about our Charism and the Spirit of our Foundress, Mother Mary Theresa Veronica of the Passion and how we as a Province function in our Spiritual and apostolic life.
Kindle Divine Love through Education and works of mercy.
Seek to enkindle the fire of Divine love in the heart of every human being , through education with a difference for a difference.
- Develop a healthy, positive self-image and collaborate with others.
- Promote creativity in studies and holistic development of their personality
- To be an architect of the eco-friendly and universal society of tomorrow.
- Emerge as persons of academic excellence.
- To develop positive attitude towards faith formation.
- To rejuvenate the humanity with love and compassion.
St. Therese’s Province was established on 27th May 2006The birth of Southern Province under the title of St.Therese took place on 27th May 2006. Queen of Angels Convent at Valiyathura was assigned as the Provincial House. On 10th April 2010 was a Red letter day in the history of our Province. We were blessed with a well- furnished Provincialate at Thazhuthala Kottiyam. The CCR Sisters of St.Therese’s Province Kottiyam , seek to enkindle the fire of Divine love in the heart of every human being and promote Gospel Values through the medium of education and work of mercy. We have 21 Convents in 9 Dioceses, i.e., Quilon, Trivandrum, Neyyattinkara, Allepey, Varappolly, Kochin , Punalur, Kannur and Odisha.
Our Own : 19 Educational Institutions
- St .Joseph’s Convent Girls Higher Secondary School, Tuet, Kollam.
- St .Joseph’s Convent ICSE School, Tuet, Kollam.
- St. Joseph’s Convent Aided LP School, Tuet, Kollam.
- Mount Carmel ISC School , Tangaserry, Kollam.
- Mount Carmel R. C. Aided LP School, Tangaserry, Kollam
- Holy Family English Medium H School, Aravilla.
- Our Lady of Lourdes UP School Chavara
- Sacred Heart H School, Anjengo
- Sacred Heart Aided LPS, Anjengo
- Our Lady Of Mercy Higher Secondary School Puthucurichy
- Holy Angels ISC School Nanthencode., Trivandrum.
- Marion Villa ISC School Kumarapuram, Trivandrum.
- St.Therese’s Convent Girls Higher Secondary School, Neyyattinkara
- St. Teresa of Avila ICSE School, Neyyattinkara
- St.Therese’s Convent Aided LP School, Neyyattinkara
- Infant Jesus ISC School, Murukkumpuzha.
- St.Aloysius Convent ISC School, Palluruthy
- Holy Angels LPS School, Alleppey
- St. Joseph’s Convent School, Pilicode.
Under Diocese : 2 Educational Institutions
- St. Peter ICSE Nileshwar – Kannoor Diocese
- St. Thomas ICSE Odisha - Sampalpore Diosese
- High School : 10
- Primary Only : 6 ( 4 Aided + Alleppey & Pilicode.)
- UPS Only : 1 Chavara.
- Play School : 2 Marion Villa & Flos Carmeli.
- Printing Press : 1 Karthedom.
- Hostel For Students : Pallithura & Kumarapuram
- Boarding Houses : St.Joseph’s, Mount Carmel & Puthukurichy
ST. THERESE’S PROVINCIAL HOUSE , KOTTIYAM
YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT OF OUR CONVENTS
|Name of the Convent||Year of Establishment|
|1||ST. JOSEPH’S CONVENT, TUET, KOLLAM||1875|
|2||MOUNT CARMEL CONVENT, TANGASSERI||1885|
|3||SACRED HEART CONVENT, ANJENGO||1916|
|4||ST. THERESE’S CONVENT, NEYYATTINKARA||1926|
|5||OUR LADY OF MERCY CONVENT, PUTHUCURICHY||1949|
|6||HOLY FAMILY CONVENT, ARAVILA||1968|
|7||MARY MOUNT CONVENT, NANTHENCODE||1969|
|8||OUR LADY OF LOURDES CONVENT, CHAVARA||1975|
|9||ST. ALOYSIUS CONVENT, CHIRACKAL||1981|
|10||ST. ANTONY’S CONVENT, KARTHEDOM||1981|
|11||FLOS CARMELI CONVENT, PALLITHURA||1983|
|12||MARION VILLA CONVENT, KUMARAPURAM||1986|
|13||INFANT JESUSCONVENT, MURUKKUMPUZHA||1995|
|14||CARMELALAYAM CONVENT, PRAKULAM||2008|
|15||ST PETER’S CONVENT, NILESHWAR||2009|
|16||ST. THERESE’S PROVINCIAL HOUSE, KOTTIYAM||2010|
|17||VILLA TERESA CONVENT, PUNALUR||2011|
|18||ST .JOSEPH’S CONVENT, PILICODE||2014|
|19||ST.THOMAS CONVENT, ODISSA||2015|
|20||HOLY ANGEL’S CONVENT, ALLEPPEY||2016|
|21||SAN JOSE CONVENT, ERNAKULAM||2018|